Director of Graduate Admissions
Monroe Hall, room 330Hours: By appointment only
Fields of Interest
Development Economics, Political Economy, Applied Microeconomics
Harvard University, Ph.D. 2009
Swarthmore College, B.A., Highest Honors. 2000
- Improving last-mile service delivery using phone-based monitoring, with Karthik Muralidharan (UCSD), Paul Niehaus (UCSD), and Jeff Weaver (USC). American Economic Review, Applied Economics, Vol. 13, No. 2, April 2021
- Identity Verification Systems in Welfare Programs: Experimental Evidence from India, with Karthik Muralidharan and Paul Niehaus (both UCSD), under review.
[NBER Working paper] [Ungated Version]
- General Equilibrium Effects of (Improving) Public Employment Programs: Experimental Evidence from India, with Karthik Muralidharan and Paul Niehaus (both UCSD), under review. [NBER Working paper] [Latest version] [Online Appendix]
- India's National Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme: What Do We Really Know about the World's Largest Workfare Program?
Brookings-NCAER India Policy Forum, vol 13, pp 231-86, July 2017. [Final pre-publication version]
- Replications in Development Economics
American Economic Review Papers and Proceedings, vol 107, no 5, pp 32-36, May 2017. [Published version] [Final pre-publication version]
- Building State Capacity: Evidence from Biometric Smartcards in India, with Paul Niehaus and Karthik Muralidharan (both UCSD).
American Economic Review, vol 106, no 10, pp 2895-2929, Oct 2016. [Published version] [NBER Working Paper w19999] [Final pre-publication version]