Robert C. Taylor Professor of Economics
Monroe Hall, Room 216Hours: By appointment only-Contact Sarah Lapp (SVLapp@virginia.edu) for appointment
Fields of Interest
Antitrust economics; religion and economics
Bachelor of Arts (B.A.), Kalamazoo College
Master of Arts (M.A.), Michigan State University
Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) Michigan State University
- The Mystery of the Invisible Hand by Marshall Jevons (pseudonym). Princeton: Princeton University Press, 2014. Paperback version published by Princeton University Press, 2016. Chinese version published by AND Publishing Ltd., 2016. Chinese Simplified version published by Beijing-Time Chinese Press, 2019.
- “Craft Beer In The United States: History, Numbers, and Geography,” (w/Carol Horton Tremblay and Victor J. Tremblay), 10 Journal of Wine Economics, 242 (2015).
- “The Beer Industry,” in James Brock (ed.) The Structure of American Industry 13th ed. Long Grove, IL: Waveland Press, 2016.
- “Alfred Marshall: Why He Matters,” Number 67 Faith & Economics, 5 (2016).
- “Thirteen Editions of The Structure of American Industry: An I.O. Perspective,” (w/ F.M. Scherer), 49 Review of Industrial Organization, 515 (2016).
- “Louis Brandeis and Contemporary Antitrust Enforcement,” (w/ Micah Webber), 33 Touro Law Review, 277 (2017).
- “Resale Price Maintenance and the Tenth Anniversary of Leegin.” Introduction and Editor of Special Issue of the Review of Industrial Organization DOI 10.1007/s11151-017-9569-9 (2017).
- “Craft Beer in the USA: Strategic Connections to Macro- and European Brewers,” (w/Carol Horton Tremblay and Victor J. Tremblay) in Christian Garavaglia and Johan Swinnen (eds.) Economic Perspectives on Craft Beer: A Revolution in the Global Beer Industry. London: Palgrave Macmillan, 2018.
- “Predatory Pricing in the Airline Industry: Spirit Airlines v. Northwest Airlines,” (w/ David E. Mills; revised and updated from prior edition) in John E. Kwoka and Lawrence J. White (eds.), The Antitrust Revolution 7th ed. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2018.
- “Geographic Market Definition in the Merger Guidelines: A Retrospective Analysis,” (w/ Vandy M. Howell) in George Hay (ed.) Special Issue of the Review of Industrial Organization 10.1007/s11151-018-9658-4 (2018).
- “Towards an Economic Theory of Amateurism: The NCAA, Antitrust, and the Student-Athlete,” (w/ John P. Bigelow), in CPI Antitrust Chronicle (2020).