Merrill S. Bankard Professor; Dept. Chair
Monroe Hall, Room 234Hours: Wednesday 11:00am - 12:00pm
Fields of Interest
Social Program Evaluation, Econometrics, Public Economics
Bachelor of Arts (BA), Tufts University
Master of Science (MS), University of Wisconsin System : Madison
Doctor of Philosophy (PhD), University of Wisconsin System : Madison
- “The Effect of Dental Insurance on the Use of Dental Care For Older Adults: A Partial Identification Analysis,” (with Brent Kreider, Richard Manski, and John Moeller), Health Economics, forthcoming.
- “The Effect of Vocation Rehabilitation for People with Cognitive Impairments,” (with David Dean, Robert Schmidt, and Steven Stern), International Economic Review, forthcoming.
- “Deterrence and the Death Penalty: Partial Identification Analysis Using Repeated Cross Sections,” (with Charles Manski), Journal of Quantitative Criminology, 2013, Volume 29, Issue 1, 123-141.
- “Identifying the Effects of Food Stamps on the Nutritional Health of Children when Program Participation is Misreported,” (with Craig Gunderson, Dean Jolliffe, and Brent Kreider), Journal of the American Statistical Association, September 2012, 107:499, 958-975.
- “The Impact of the National School Lunch Program on Child Health: A Nonparametric Bounds Analysis,” (with Craig Gunderson and Brent Kreider), Journal of Econometrics, 2012, 166: 79-91.
- “More on Monotone Instrumental Variables” (with Charles Manski), The Econometrics Journal, 12, July 2009, S200-216.
- “Disability and Employment: Reevaluating the Evidence in Light of Misreporting Errors,” (with Brent Kreider), Journal of the American Statistical Association, 102 (478), June 2007, 432-441.
- “Robust Inferences for Method of Moments Estimators from Random Clustered Samples: An Application Using Data from the Panel Study of Income Dynamics,” Economic Letters,75(3), June 2002, 75, 341-345.
- “Slippery When Wet: The Effects of Local Alcohol Access Laws on Highway Safety,” (with Reagan Baughman, Michael Conlin and Stacy Dickert-Conlin), Journal of Health Economics, November 2001, 1089-1096.
- “The Intergenerational Transmission of Welfare Receipt: A Nonparametric Bounds Analysis,” The Review of Economics and Statistics, 82(3), August 2000, 472-88.
- "Monotone Instrumental Variables: With an Application to the Returns to Schooling,” (with Charles Manski), Econometrica, 68(4), July 2000, 997-1010.