Reimbursement Guidelines and Forms
UVa Employees (Faculty, Staff, Students)
Economics Computer Labs
Monroe B016b is open to all active Economics Grad Students. An ESERVICES account is required to log in to any of the (12) computers.
Monroe B016 can be used for classes and presentations when scheduled in advance. You'll need an ESERVICES account to log in to any of the (18) computers. Experiments and scheduled classes or presentations may restrict availability of this lab.
Please keep the following in mind while using the lab computers:
- All Lab computers are subject to being rebuilt and having user files deleted at any time without any prior notice to users.
- Any files saved to these computers can be viewed, copied, modified, or deleted by others.
- No student data (names, social security numbers, grades, etc.) should be saved on these computers.
Please contact Debby Stanford to obtain the combination to the Monroe B016b keypad door lock.
Computer Lab Printers
HP LaserJet 4250
- Econ-m016a is the default printer for grad lab and grad office computers.
- Econ-m016a-ps should be used for documents requiring a postscript driver (mathematical equations, non-standard fonts, etc.)
HP LaserJet 4200
- Econ-m016b is the backup printer for grad lab and grad office computers.
- Econ-m016b-ps should be used for documents requiring a postscript driver (mathematical equations, non-standard fonts, etc.)
Please contact Debby Stanford for assistance printing multiple copies of large documents.
Economics Network Drives
Three network drives will be mapped when you log on to the ESERVICES domain from any computer on grounds including those in the Economics Computer Labs.
- G: Drive - This limited shared space is used for collaboration and file sharing. Remove files when you no longer need to share them.
- H: Drive - This limited private disk space is intended for the temporary storage of working files. Remove your files when you are no longer using them.
- J: Drive - This disk space is managed by ITC and can be accessed from the Economics Labs via the mapped drive, personal computers using the Home Directory Login Client, and via the Home Directory Web Interface.
Send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org if you do not see these network drives when you log on to a machine in the Economics Computer Lab.
Storage of Large Files
In addition to the network storage resources mentioned above, there are additional networked facilities provided by ITC for large storage needs. Become familiar with the Research Services provided by U.Va.
ITS (Information Technology Services) Resources
- ITS Help Desk - Assistance with general computing questions.
- ITS Account Management - Manage your U.Va. computing accounts including email.
- Off Grounds Network Access - ITC maintains documentation explaining how to access the University network from Off Grounds.
Research Computing / Scholar's Lab Resources
ITS Research Services offers computational resources available to researchers such as high performance computing, use of parallel processing, and memory intensive programming. The ITC Research Computing Support staff are located in the Scholar's Lab (Alderman Library).
- Contact Matthew Slatosky if you experience difficulty with any software on an Economics Lab or Office computer.
- Software available to U.Va. Faculty, Staff, and Students (often at no charge) can be downloaded from ITS Software Central.
- Statistical or other specialized software can be downloaded (restrictions and/or licensing fees may apply) from ITS Research Computing.
- Send an e-mail to email@example.com if you experience difficulty with any lab or office computer owned by the Economics Department.
- You should contact the manufacturer or reseller for problems with personally owned hardware still under warranty.
- Cavalier Computers stocks a variety of technology items, sells new Dell computers, and offers hardware repair services.
- Reservation Forms
- Help with SIS (Student Information System)
- Lou's List (semester schedules simplified)
- Exam Schedule
- Academic Calendars
- Marshall Jevons Research Funding
- UNLEASH: This is an initiative to match undergraduate students with research opportunities sponsored by U.Va. faculty. To learn more about UNLEASH, and how you can use it to find a undergraduate research assistants visit http://uvaurn.org/unleash.
- Verify Your Employment and/or Salary
- View or Order Your Transcript
- UVA Alumni Association
- If you need to update your email address or your mailing address, please contact us.
Videos of Economics Diploma Ceremonies
Online Bibliographic Search
- UVA Library Catalog
- Electronic Journals
- Working Papers
- IDEAS (Research Papers in Economics-RePEc)
- NBER Working Papers