“ECO Orientation” Workshop
(We suggest all students attend this workshop before advising appointments if possible.
Scroll down for appointment information.)
All majors are encouraged to attend the workshop as a pre-req for individual advising at the start of the semester. If making appointments during the summer or during breaks, you need not attend the workshop.
- Workshops are held once a month during the academic year and more frequently at the start of each semester.
- The list of dates is located in Handshake.
- Search by “ECO Orientation” for the full list of dates for the semester/the next workshop.
- You may register in Handshake.
- If there is not an orientation time that works for you, please write to the ECO at email@example.com.
The workshop will prepare you for your job or internship search by giving you the tools to help build an effective professional toolkit.
This program, offered by the ECO, will provide you with the foundations for:
- Assessing your interests
- Researching career options
- Crafting a resume and cover letter
- Developing your networking and communication skills and resources
- Locating career events, job sources, and other resources online (recruiting calendars/timelines, ECO website, Vault, Career Center website, Handshake)
- Designing your next steps
Full instructions follow:
Step 1. Search the "Events" tab in Handshake for upcoming workshops. Attend the “ECO Orientation” workshop, if possible.
Step 2. Once you’ve attended this workshop or have registered for a workshop, make appointments with the ECO Advisor through Handshake.
Click on "Appointments" from your homepage in Handshake. You will see the choices below pop up. Click on ECO Appointments and choose from the menu of appointment types. See you soon!