The Econ Grad Club organizes a variety of activities throughout the year:
- Regular research meetings. For instance, Research Collaboration Meetings (RCM's) provide an opportunity for students to discuss their research with their fellow students. Some meetings may be organized around specific themes, such as working with LaTeX/Beamer, brainstorming second-year Summer Paper ideas, and a Core Exam Information Panel. Other meetings may be more general, with students discussing research ideas they may be considering or re-working. These meetings are an excellent opportunity for everyone to draw from fellow students' experience and expertise without the pressure of presenting in front of faculty.
- A mentoring program, in which current students volunteer to mentor the incoming students during their first year.
- Social events, such as the winter and spring Department parties (with the faculty), happy hour gatherings, holiday parties (such as the Halloween and Latin American parties below) and the traditional soccer match between new and current students.
The members of the 2021-22 Graduate Club representatives include
- Co-Presidents: Suchitra Akmanchi and Tyler Wake
- 4th through 7th Year Rep: Daniel Harper
- 3rd Year Rep: Joe Anderson
- 2nd Year Rep: Marcella Cartledge
- 1st Year Rep: Gillian Courtney
Econ students running in the Community Bridges 5K got a photo op with UVA president Jim Ryan.
Econ graduate students, with friends and family, took advantage of the beautiful Virginian countryside and fall weather to spend a day hiking in White Oak Canyon. Thanks, Pooja Khosla, for organizing this amazing event! (Fall 2018)
The Econ Running Team participated in the Community Bridges 5K to welcome new UVA President Jim Ryan. Join the team in the next race!