Robert C. Taylor Professor of Economics
Monroe Hall, Room 216Hours: Monday 10:00am - 2:00pm or by appointment
Fields of Interest
Antitrust economics; religion and economics
Bachelor of Arts (B.A.), Kalamazoo College
Master of Arts (M.A.), Michigan State University
Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) Michigan State University
- The Lerner Index of Monopoly Power: Origins and Uses,” (w/ David E. Mills) 101 The American Economic Review 3, 558 (2011).
- “Developments in U.S. Merger Policy: The Beer Industry as Lens,” (w/ Anthony W. Swisher) The Economics of Beer (Johan F.M. Swinnen, ed.), New York: Oxford University Press, 2011.
- “The U.S. Beer Industry: Concentration, Fragmentation, and a Nexus with Wine,” 6 Journal of Wine Economics, 2, 217 (2011).
- “The Economics of NASCAR,” (w/ Andrew E. Abere and Peter Bronsteen) in Leo H. Kahane and Stephen Shmanske (eds.), The Oxford Handbook of Sports Economics: Vol. I: The Economics of Sports. Oxford University Press, 2012.
- “The Socratic Method,” in Gail Hoyt and KimMarie McGoldrick (eds.), International Handbook on Teaching and Learning Economics. Cheltenham: Elgar Press, 2012.
- “Predatory Pricing in the Airline Industry: Spirit Airlines v. Northwest Airlines,” (w/ David E. Mills; revised and updated from prior edition) in John E. Kwoka and Lawrence J. White (eds.), The Antitrust Revolution 6th ed. Oxford: Oxford University Press.
- “Leegin v. PSKS (2007): Resale Price Maintenance Wins a Reprieve,” (w/ David E. Mills) in John E. Kwoka and Lawrence J. White (eds.), The Antitrust Revolution 6th ed. Oxford: Oxford University Press.