“ECO Internship and Job Search Basics” Workshop (This requirement is waived June 1-August 15.)
- All majors are required to attend the workshop as a pre-req for individual advising, except during Resume Marathons.
- After attending a workshop, you may schedule an appointment or drop-in with the ECO advisor.
- Workshops are held once a month during the academic year.
- The list of dates is located in Handshake.
- Search by “Basics of the Internship and Job Search Process” for the full list of dates for the semester/the next workshop.
- You may register in Handshake.
The workshop will prepare you for your job or internship search by giving you the tools to help build an effective professional toolkit.
This program, offered by the ECO, will provide you with the foundations for:
- Assessing your interests
- Researching career options
- Crafting a resume and cover letter
- Developing your networking and communication skills and resources
- Locating career events and resources online (recruiting calendars/timelines, ECO website, Vault, Career Center website, Handshake)
- Designing your next steps
Full instructions follow:
Step 1. Search the "Events" tab in Handshake for upcoming workshops. Attend the “ECO Internship and Job Search Basics” workshop. One workshop is scheduled per month. (This workshop is not required for Resume Marathon appointments. If you are making an appointment during the Resume Marathon, skip to Step 2 below.)
Step 2. Once you’ve attended this workshop you will be cleared to make appointments with the ECO Advisor through Handshake.
Click on "Appointments" from your homepage in Handshake and you will see a blue button for scheduling appointments.
Click on this and the ECO will pop up as one of your choices. You will see the image below to schedule.