“ECO Internship and Job Search Basics” Workshop
- All majors are required to attend the workshop.
- After attending a workshop, you may schedule an appointment or drop-in with the ECO advisor.
- Workshops are held once a month during the academic year.
- The list of dates is located in Handshake
- Search by “ECO Internship and Job Search Basics” for the full list of dates for the semester
- You may register in Handshake.
- Food will be served!
- Dont Miss This!
The workshop will prepare you for your job or internship search by giving you the tools to help build an effective professional toolkit.
This program, offered by the ECO, will provide you with the foundations for:
- Crafting your resume and cover letter
- Developing your networking and communication skills
- Researching career options
- Prepping for career fairs
- Locating career events and resources online (recruiting calendars/timelines, ECO website, Vault, Career Center website, Handshake)
- Assessing your interests
- Designing your next steps.
Full instructions follow:
Step 1. Search the "Events" tab in Handshake for upcoming workshops. Attend the “ECO Internship and Job Search Basics” workshop. One workshop is scheduled per month.
Step 2. Once you’ve attended this workshop you will be cleared to make appointments with the ECO Advisor through Handshake.
Click on "Appointments" from your homepage in Handshake and you will see a blue button for scheduling appointments.
Click on this and the ECO will pop up as one of your choices. You will see the image below to schedule.