Director of Center for Economic & Policy Studies, Professor of Public Policy
- B.A., Vanderbilt University, Nashville, TN
- J.D., Lewis & Clark Law School, Portland OR
- Ph.D., University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN
Environmental economics, experimental economics, emission market design, early childhood education, federalism, public finance
Monday and Wednesday 3:30 - 4:30pm
- Rethinking Environmental Federalism in a Warming World (January 2012), William Shobe and Dallas Burtraw. CEPS Working Papers (wp12-01), Center for Economic and Policy Studies, Charlottesville, VA (Forthcoming in Climate Change Economics).
- Price Discovery in Emissions Permit Auctions (2011), Dallas Burtraw, Charlie Holt, Erica Myers, Jacob Goeree, Karen Palmer, and William Shobe, in R. Mark Isaac, Douglas A. Norton (ed.) Experiments on Energy, the Environment, and Sustainability (Research in Experimental Economics, Volume 14), Emerald Group Publishing Limited, pp.11-36.
- A Database for a Changing Economy: Review of the Occupational Information Network (O*NET), Nancy T. Tippins and Margaret L. Hilton, Editors; Panel to Review the Occupational Information Network (O*NET); National Research Council, 2010. [Member of the review panel organized by the Committee on National Statistics of the National Research Council.]
- An Experimental Analysis of Auctions versus Grandfathering to Assign Pollution Permits, with Dallas Burtraw, Charlie Holt, Erica Myers, Jacob Goeree, and Karen Palmer. Journal of the European Economic Association Vol. 8, No. 2-3: 514-525 (April/May 2010).
- An Experimental Analysis of Auctioning Emissions Allowances under a Loose Cap (2010), William Shobe, Dallas Burtraw, Charlie Holt, Jacob Goeree, Karen Palmer and Erica Myers. Agricultural and Resource Economics Review Vol. 39, No. 2: 162-175.
- Collusion in Auctions for Emission Permits: An Experimental Analysis, with Dallas Burtraw, Charlie Holt, Jacob Goeree, Karen Palmer and Erica Myers. Journal of Policy Analysis and Management, Vol. 28, No. 4: 672-691 (2009).
- The Design, Testing, and Implementation of Virginia's NOx Allowance Auction, with David Porter, Stephen Rassenti, Vernon Smith, and Abel Winn. Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Vol. 69, No. 2, pp. 190 - 200 (2009).
- Auction Design for Selling CO2 Emission allowances Under the Regional Greenhouse Gas Initiative, with Dallas Burtraw, Charlie Holt, Jacob Goeree, and Karen Palmer. Research sponsored by the New York State Energy Research and Development Agency (October 2007).