University Professor of Economics & Education, Souder Family Professor
Monroe Hall, Room 244Hours: Monday 12:00 - 2:00pm
Bachelor of Arts (BA), Princeton University
Doctor of Philosophy (PhD), University of Michigan System : Ann Arbor
- Hoxby, C. and Turner, S. 2019. “The Right Way to Capture College “Opportunity”: Popular Measures Can Paint the Wrong Picture of Low-Income Student Enrollment.” Education Next. Vol. 19, No. 2
- Barr, A. and Turner, S. 2018. “A Letter and Encouragement: Does Information Increase Post-Secondary Enrollment of UI Recipients?” American Economic Journal: Economic Policy.
- Caroline Hoxby and Sarah Turner. 2015. “What High-Achieving Low-Income Students Know About College Options” Working draft.
- Caroline Hoxby and Sarah Turner. 2013. “Expanding College Opportunities for High-Achieving, Low Income Students” SIEPR Discussion Paper 12-014.
- "Back to School: Federal Student Aid Policy and Adult College Enrollment," (with N. Seftor), Journal of Human Resources, 2002;
- Going to War and Going to College: Did the G.I. Bill Increase Educational Attainment," (with J. Bound), Journal of Labor Economics (4), 2002
- "Trade in University Training: Cross State Variation in the Production and Use of College Educated Labor," (with Bound, Groen, & Kezdi), Journal of Econometrics, Vol. 121 , 2004"Closing the Gap or Widening the Divide: The Effects of the G.I. Bill and World War II on the Educational Outcomes of Black Americans",(with John Bound), Journal of Economic History, Vol. 63, No. 1 (March) [NBER Working Paper No. 9044], 2003.
- "Race, Income and College in 25 Years: Evaluating Justice O'Connor's Conjecture" (with Alan Krueger and Jesse Rothstein), American Law and Economics Review, 2006.
- "Opportunities for Low Income Students at Top Colleges and Universities: Policy Initiatives and the Distribution of Students" (with Amanda Pallais), National Tax Journal, LIX (2): 357-386, 2006.
- "Cohort Crowding: How Resources Affect Collegiate Attainment" (with John Bound), Journal of Public Economics [NBER Working Paper No. 12424], forthcoming.
- Andrew Barr and Sarah Turner. Forthcoming. “Out of Work and Into School: Labor Market Policies and College Enrollment During the Great Recession,” Journal of Public Economics
- John Bound, Breno Braga, Joe Golden and Sarah Turner. 2013. “Pathways to Adjustment: The Case of Information Technology Workers” American Economic Review Papers and Proceedings.
- Andrew Barr and Sarah Turner. 2013 “Expanding Enrollments and Contracting Budgets: The Effect of the Great Recession Higher Education,” The Annals: American Academy of Political and Social Science.
- John Bound, Mike Lovenheim and Sarah Turner. 2012. “Understanding the Increased Time to the Baccalaureate Degree.” Education Finance and Policy, Vol. 7, No. 4: 375–424.
- Christopher Avery and Sarah Turner. 2012. “Student Loans: Do College Students Borrow Too Much--Or Not Enough?” Journal of Economic Perspectives, 26(1): 165–92