Job Title: Class Of Program – Sales and Business Development Representative
Oracle Class Of Program (Class Of) is focused on teaching the fundamentals of selling and providing you with skills to prepare you for success in an inside sales and business development role, with the ability to achieve multiple levels of career progression with increasing levels of responsibility within inside sales. Other promotion paths include field positions or leadership roles in: sales, customer success or business development. Progression is based on an individual’s ability to meet/exceed objectives, your flexibility/willingness to relocate when promotion opportunities are available, and a designed career path that extends over several years and beyond. You can have a very long term career with Oracle!
As a Sales and Business Development Representative you will participate in a multiyear development program focused on building your foundational sales skills and mastering those skills to enable progression to advanced (or senior) sales positions. Your initial training program consists of a multi-week, comprehensive Oracle sales training where new hires begin to learn consultative selling skills and Oracle solutions. This serves as the base of new hire learning and provides new reps with the tools to make an instant impact as part of a highly collaborative sales team. Oracle provides continuous training throughout your career.
Company Overview: Oracle offers a comprehensive and fully integrated stack of cloud applications, platform services, and engineered systems. We provide a complete technology stack both in the cloud and in the data center. The largest corporations and governments in the world use our market-leading products. Oracle employees enjoy competitive salaries, excellent health benefits, and a network of like-minded co-workers that drive innovation across the entire technology industry. Oracle’s world-class global strategic sales organization offers entry level inside sales and business development opportunities in a variety of disciplines, including but not limited to Oracle Digital, which has direct revenue responsibility and in some cases works in conjunction with field sales to improve sales resource utilization for market coverage. Other sales specializations include services, hardware, technology, and applications products. Focused on solution selling, Oracle is fast-paced and provides comprehensive training as well as performance-based compensation.
Your Role: A challenging, exciting role that will test your sales skills, strategic thinking capabilities, ability to remain focused, and follow-through on plans. You will be provided the tools, raw data, training, coaching, and people resources to help you be successful. As part of Oracle Class Of, you will be a strategic member of the broader Oracle sales team and may be supporting pre-sale or post-sale cycles. In some cases, you may act as the first contact for Oracle’s business prospects. You may also be working with existing cloud customers to drive maximum adoption of Oracle’s cloud solutions, drive high customer satisfaction as well as positive customer references and Oracle cloud renewals. Your responsibilities may include any of the following: generate demand for Oracle solutions through social selling and outbound cold calling, qualify Oracle prospects, produce quality leads for the Oracle Sales Team, identify/drive product expansion opportunities via high value relationships with existing customers.
• Collaborate with the virtual sales team on account strategy, demand generation activities, and results
• Manage customer calls and web presentations
• Build sales pipeline using social selling, and cold calling methodologies
• Ensure all data is properly maintained and updated in the Oracle CRM application
• Coordinate sales efforts with both Inside and Field Sales reps
• Gain in-depth knowledge of Oracle products and technologies, territories, accounts, competitors, industry trends, etc.
• Drive high customer satisfaction and references by ensuring customer is receiving value from their Cloud services.
• Develop good customer relationships to identify and drive product expansion/up sell opportunities as well as service renewals
• BS or BA degree with a GPA of 3.2 or higher
• 0-2 years work experience
• Able to demonstrate time management, basic telesales skills, knowledge of Oracle products and services (training provided)
• Goal oriented individual with superior communication skills
• Able to complete individual goals as well as work in a team environment
• Demonstrated ability to communicate using technical concepts
• Working knowledge of Oracle products a plus but not necessary
• Professional demeanor
• Desire for a long-term career in sales
• Able to demonstrate critical thinking skills to acquire a higher level understanding of role, processes, and procedures