Job Title: Economic Research Analyst/Sr. Analyst
Assists staff economists and policy advisors with their research and contribute to the monetary policy process by conducting advanced analysis of current economic developments. Analyzes developments in field of expertise and draws conclusions about implications for outlook and economy. Uses and adjusts computer programs and databases for data retrieval, manipulation, presentation, statistical analysis working with large datasets.
- Contributes to the monetary policy process by providing ongoing data and information analysis, including analyzing and clearly communicating statistics and anecdotal reports in preparation for the Federal Open Market Committee (FOMC) briefing cycle.
- Analyzes developments in field of expertise and draws conclusions about implications for outlook and economy. Coordinate input in sector(s) of expertise from different stakeholders (including research & REIN analysts, Bank directors, and industry contacts). Provide advanced research assistance to economists and policy advisers.
- Utilizes computer programs and databases for data retrieval, manipulation, presentation, statistical analysis. Makes adjustments to programs and databases as needed. Develops expertise regarding data sources and an in-depth knowledge of the various data series.
- Develops, researches, and writes original articles and other forms of media for Bank publication, such as EconSouth, Macroblog, and Podcast interviews.
- Responds to outside inquiries and provide expert advice to other bank departments as needed.
- Prepares officer/senior executive presentation materials (charts, tables, slides, simulations). Creates and occasionally delivers effective presentations.
Knowledge Area/Technical Skills/Certifications and Licenses:
- Leadership, interpersonal skills and strong attention to detail
- Strong communication skills
- Superior analytical skills
- Basic computer programming in (STATA, MATLAB, R or SAS) and process knowledge
Education: Bachelor's Degree (preferably economics, computer science, mathematics, statistics or related); Master’s Degree referred
Experience: Less than 2 years
The Federal Reserve Bank – 6th District
+1 (404) 498-8637 direct