During The Two-year Program, You'll Gain In-depth Experience In The Following Areas
As an Accounting/Finance Analyst, you'll work on a variety of accounting and finance activities and have opportunities to participate in rotations within our Finance Division teams or from strategic business partner divisions.
- Financial Close Process: Help the Finance Division produce accurate GAAP financial statements and participate in 'closing the books'.
- Management Reporting and Analytics: Help the Finance Division perform one of its most important tasks-preparing unbiased financial reports on business performance for internal management.
- Specialized Finance and Partner Collaboration: Facilitate collaboration and gain an understanding of specialized areas of the Finance Division and related areas of the company.
- Learning and Networking Opportunities
- Mentoring: Gain professional development and guidance from a member of management. Interact with leaders across the company during program events and participate in social and philanthropic activities.
- Continuous Learning and Networking: Take advantage of hundreds of instructor-led and online courses through Freddie Mac University. Participate in formal and informal networking opportunities.
- Bachelor's in business degree
- Minimum cumulative 3.2 GPA
- Exceptional quantitative, analytical, and organizational skills
- Ability to begin full time employment in 2018 (January or June)
- Graduation no more than 18 months prior to start date
- Availability for occasional work beyond core business hours or weekends as needed
- Major in Accounting, Finance, Economics, or Business Administration
- Previous accounting or finance related internships strongly preferred
- Knowledge of GAAP, secondary mortgage markets, and fixed income/derivative and mortgage securities
- Good communication, interpersonal, and leadership skills
Freddie Mac is a shareholder-owned company with an important public mission: to make home possible for more of America's families. To do this, we need smart, creative people from diverse backgrounds who want to make a difference in other people's lives as well as their own. We demonstrate our commitment to employees by providing a comprehensive Total Rewards Program. Freddie Mac is an equal opportunity employer who firmly supports and recognizes the value of diversity. EOE, M/F/D/V.
The hired candidate must be legally authorized to work in the United States without restriction. Freddie Mac does not intend to support hiring any students, exchange visitors, or recent graduates on F-1, J-1, or M-1 visas, or any individuals requiring sponsorship for an employment based visa application (such as H-1B) in connection with these openings.