This Program Provides Participants With
The Discover Internship Program is an exciting opportunity to work on challenging projects in a sought after work environment and culture.
- Interesting project assignments that support Discovers strategic priorities and objectives
- Real time and consistent performance feedback
- A team of resources to assist with ongoing training and coaching on career development
- Exposure to managers with excellence in business acumen and effectiveness in managing and developing personnel
- Broad knowledge of cross-functional initiatives, experience and career contacts
- Opportunities to interact with the executive leadership team through program events
Discover identifies individuals who inherently possess Discover Values of Doing the Right Thing, Innovation, Simplicity, Collaboration, Volunteerism, Enthusiasm, and Respect. As a values-oriented organization, Discovers goal is to hire the best and brightest interns as full-time employees after graduating from their collegiate studies.
Additional Program Highlights
- Fully-furnished apartments for the duration of the internship
- Group activities, including networking events among interns and other full-time personnel
- Exposure to and presentations to management (by program)
Consumer Banking Track
The Consumer Banking Internship Program (CBIP) is an exciting internship for highly motivated individuals who are interested in exploring a host of disciplines within Discovers Consumer Banking division, including:
- Consumer Deposits
- Discover Home Equity Loans
- Discover Student Loans
- Discover Personal Loans
- Strategy & Analysis
- Discover LEAN
- Banking Operations
- Business Risk
CBIP interns can expect to influence the future direction of the business as a direct result of their contributions. They will be afforded opportunities to exercise people and thought leadership in high exposure roles by leading analyses, supporting internal and external business partners, and implementing unprecedented, revenue-driving projects.
During their internship, participants will refine their abilities to lead, make decisions, problem solve and think creatively. They will have many opportunities to improve processes, manage complex projects, and present to management. Above all, program participants will learn to strategically navigate through organizations in a corporate setting.
- Individuals enrolled in an accredited Bachelors Program who will have completed their junior year by June 2018
- Must have a graduation date between December 2018 – June 2019
- A minimum of a 3.0 GPA on 4.0 grade point average scale
- This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship
- Working towards a degree in a business, economics, or math related discipline.
- Other academic standings (freshman/sophomore) may be considered with relevant work experience and/or in a related field of study will be considered
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, including written and verbal communication skills
- High energy and intellectual curiosity
- Strong analytical skills and a consultative approach to addressing customer needs
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems creatively
- Ability to apply previous experience and knowledge to new situations and problems
- Strong interpersonal skills, including ability to interact with and influence employees at all different levels
- Effective verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to translate ideas into clear priorities
- Ability to resolve ambiguity and analyze data to surface insights
- Operates as a team player
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (including Excel, Word, PowerPoint & Access)
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.